DA/DI NCCP Coaching Course
May 12-14th, 2023
Location – Huntsville Judo Club (215Main St W, Huntsville, ON, P1H 1Y1)
Course Conductor – James Millar
Coaches interested in taking the combined DA / DI course, must attend all activities as listed below.
Note - pay attention to the three payment options when registering for the course.
· If you register for the Assistant course only pay $185
· If you register for the Instructor course only pay $360
· If you register for the Combined Assistant and Instructor course pay $545
DOJO ASSISTANT INTEGRATED THEORY AND TECHNICAL COURSE
Friday, May 12 9am-6pm & Saturday May 13 until 12 noon
The DA training requires completion of the following two professional development modules:
· Module # 1 Making Ethical Decision, Safety and Liability
· Module # 2 Teaching & Learning Judo: Fundamental, Technical and Mental skills.
This Learning Experience prepares the participant to assist in delivery of Judo practices for judo players of all stages of development, with an emphasis on participants under 13 years old. It is recommended that the assistant works under the supervision of a certified Instructor. Assistants under the age of majority must work under the direct supervision of a certified instructor.
· Minimum age of 16.
· Minimum rank of Green belt with a working knowledge of the judo techniques included in the DA program and as identified by the Judo Canada Kyu syllabus.
· Sterling Backcheck for all Candidates coaches who are 18 years old and older via Sterling agency – for details see: http://sterlingbackcheck.ca/cac_ace or https://www.judoontario.ca/sterling-background-check
DOJO INSTRUCTOR INTEGRATED THEORY AND TECHNICAL COURSE
Saturday, May 13th 9am-6pm & Sunday, May 14th 9am-4pm
Overview: The DI training requires completion of the professional development modules required for the Dojo Assistant training, plus the following three Professional development modules:
· Module # 3 Lesson and Season Planning and basic nutrition – in class/on-line 5 to 8 h.
· Module # 4 U8/U10 Active Start and Fundamentals Judo Programs – 6 to 10 h. module on tatami
· Module # 5 U12/U14 – Learn to Train – 6 to 10 h. module on tatami
The length of the Module # 3 depends on the preparation of candidates in advance of the course. The basic nutrition electronic module is offered at: http://www.judocanada.org/introduction-to-nutrition/
Modules 4 and 5 require candidates to present a number of different teaching and training methods.
The “Instructor” course provides the participant with knowledge to instruct technical, physical, and mental aspects of judo and, via completion of an ON-LINE learning module, basic nutrition. The course prepares the participant to be a club instructor responsible for providing judokas with the basic physical literacy skills with emphasis on children under the age of 14; and judo skills as described in the Judo Canada syllabus; and to introduce young judoka to competition.
· Minimum age of 18.
· Minimum rank of Brown belt with a working knowledge of the judo techniques included in the Judo Canada Kyu syllabus.
· Complete the on-line “Nutrition for Judo Coaches” E-learning module.
· Trained DA.
· Sterling Backcheck for all Candidates coaches who are 18 years old and older via Sterling agency – for details see: http://sterlingbackcheck.ca/cac_ace or https://www.judoontario.ca/sterling-background-check Background checks are required to be updated every 3 years. If you have already completed one in that timeframe, please let us know.
Coach Funding Grant:
Please review the link below and follow all instructions to apply for NCCP Coach Bursary Program. Note this is a program run by the Coaches Association of Ontario and the requirements, and final approval are within their control. The new funding year will begin April 1st, 2023.
To register for the course please follow link below to access the NCCP Locker and follow all instructions and prompts.
REGISTRATION LINK: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/8574
If you require any further information, please contact James Cunningham at email@example.com